30 August 2013: eAssessment Scotland Session - Learning analytics: a bottom-up approach to enhancing and evaluating students' online learning
Presenters: Josie Fisher, Fredy-Roberto Valenzuela and Sue Whale (University of New England, Australia)
Hosted by Professor Geoffrey Crisp, Dean Learning and Teaching, RMIT University and Dr Mathew Hillier, Teaching and Educational Development Institute, University of Queensland, Australia starting 07:00AM UST/GMT. Duration 56 minutes.
In this session we provide an overview of our OLT-funded project aimed at enhancing students' online learning experience. We describe the series of interventions we implemented throughout the teaching period just ended and present preliminary findings on the efficacy of these interventions.
Acknowledgement: Australian Government, Office for Learning and Teaching, Seed Grant "Learning analytics: a bottom-up approach to enhancing and evaluating students' online learning".
- PowerPoint Slide Set: eAS_30_aug_2013.ppt
- Session chat log (text file): eAS_30_aug_2013_chat_log.txt
- OLT Project page: http://www.olt.gov.au/project-learning-analytics-bottom-approach-enhancing-and-evaluating-studentsapos-online-learning-201
- Josie's profile page: http://www.une.edu.au/staff/jfisher.php
Multiple formats are available (the content is the same in each).
You Tube version (Flash video)
A screen cast of the session.
Start playing via You Tube (note: this is a single file): http://youtu.be/vkKWlTrj6YM (You can choose to view in standard definition or high definition and in full screen mode).
Blackboard Collaborate/Elluminate v12.5 archive version
This uses the classroom system itself to re-play a recording of the event. You are also able to jump forward, back and pause the recording.
- Click: https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2013-08-29.2316.M.03FEF4F8B176101CB2546BB8313934.vcr&sid=2009132
in Firefox/Internet explorer you may be promoted to open with/run or save the file - choose open with/run.
in Chrome a prompt will appear in the status bar at the bottom of the window - choose 'keep', then click the file name.
- The Blackboard collaborate player should begin launching via JAVA.
If you are having trouble accessing the classroom system please read the help page.