8 September 2014: BYOD on-campus eExams at University of Tasmania (UTAS)
This session was part of the joint eAssessment Scotland and Transforming Assessment online conference, 8 to 19 September 2014.
Presenter: Andrew Fluck, University of Tasmania, Australia
Hosted by Dr Mathew Hillier, University of Queensland, Australia starting 07:00AM UST/GMT. Duration 56 Minutes.
This session explored the use of eExams that have been in use at the University of Tasmania since 2007 using a live operating system based upon Ubuntu. Since 2011 students have booted their own computers from a USB in the conventional examination hall to take paper-replacement and post-paper exams. With up to 50% of final unit marks dependent upon this technology, this session shared some of the successes of, and challenges to, the innovation.
- Slide Set: eAS_8_sept_2014_slides.pdf [3.5MB]
- Session chat log: eAS_8_sept_2014_chat_log.txt
- Video showing eExams in progress: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ADdDP1ouM
- Andrew Fluck's home page http://www.educ.utas.edu.au/users/afluck/
- UTAS eExams page http://www.utas.edu.au/students/eexams
- Further eExam info (UTAS): http://www.eexaminations.org/
- e-Exam System v5 project website 'Transforming Exams' http://transformingexams.com/
- e-Exam System v5 demo download http://sourceforge.net/projects/eexam/
You Tube version
A screen cast of the session.
Start playing via You Tube (note: this is a single file): http://youtu.be/1TxiR5iPW2M (You can choose to view in standard definition or high definition and in full screen mode).