4 August 2016: Video feedback - targeted and personal
Presenters: A/Prof Michael Henderson and Dr Michael Phillips (Monash University, Australia)
Hosted by Dr Mathew Hillier, Monash University, Australia. Starting 07:00AM UTC/GMT. Duration 55 Minutes.
The session explored how video can be used to provide personalised feedback for students that targets key areas for future improvement while doing so in a manner that is workload efficent. A set of propsed principles for assessment was presented to trigger debate on factors contributing to effective feedback.
- Slide Set: TA_webinar_4_aug_2016_slides.pdf [1.3MB] [PPTx 3.7MB]
- Chat Log (edited for clarity): TA_webinar_4_aug_2016_chat_log.txt
- Assessment Feedback project page at LNM: http://bit.ly/assessmentfeedback
- Michael Henderson Monash staff page
- Michael Phillips Monash staff page
- Links shared during the session
- Henderson, M. & Phillips, M. (2015). Video based feedback on student assessment: Scarily personal and powerfully clear. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 61(1), 51-66 http://ajet.org.au/index.php/AJET/article/view/1878/1242
- Vine: https://vine.co/
- Webcam over powerpoint (Renee Denham, Griffith University) https://vimeo.com/171059984/a558619fae
Multiple formats are available.
You Tube version (Flash video) - recommended version.
A screen cast of the session.
- Start playing via You Tube (note: this is a single file): https://youtu.be/mB-yjlQ0_d4
Note: You can choose to view in standard definition or high definition and in full screen mode.
Blackboard Collaborate archive version
This uses the classroom system itself to re-play a recording of the event. You are also able to jump forward, back and pause the recording.
- View: https://au-sas.bbcollab.com/site/external/jwsdetect/playback.jnlp?psid=2016-08-03.2337.M.603B1516A8EFB6764BC75F99AC55DB.vcr&sid=2010034
Note: links shown inside this recording are only 'clickable' when displayed in the lower left 'text chat' area.
Please refer to our help page on how to access the virtual classroom system - help page.