Transforming Assessment is an ASCILITE SIG
We are about exploring assessment in higher education with a particular focus on use of information and communications technology to enhance the assessment of student learning (e-assessment).
Transforming Assessment Webinars
- Schedule and session details -> See right side column!
- How to participate in sessions
- Technical help & FAQs for webinars
- Recordings of past events from 2010 to 2015 are available in multiple formats.
Partners and Joint Activities
- Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE) as the e-Assessment SIG.
- Special issue on e-Assessment - International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education (2016) open access. Papers on trickle relase.
- Assessment in Higher Education (AHE) 2017 conference in the UK - For 2016 preview day events -> See right side column.
- Higher Education Academy (HEA UK) jont webinars showcasing work of HEA fellows -> See right side column.
- e-Assessment Association (eAA) joint webinars - details soon!
- e-Assessment Scotland (See session archives for the 2013 and 2014 conferences.
Professor Geoffrey Crisp's ALTC Fellowship (2009-2011)
Things to do on our site...
- Participate in events: keep up to date on our Web seminars.
- View e-Assessment Exemplars: explore the assessment examples utilising a range technologies. You will also find a collection of presentations and other documents relating to e-assessment. An Zotero database containing a citations relating to e-assessment is also available.
- Explore technologies: see some of the tools and systems that are behind many of the web 2.0 learning environments currently being developed such as Moodle, Mahara, Media Wiki, iPeer, SBLi, WordPress, OpenSim and Second Life.
- Join social media: we are on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Google Plus and YouTube.
- Read about the background, view project reports and outcomes documentation.
- Contact us: How to participate, contribute examples and details of the project team members.
Our work on Transforming Assessment was supported by the Office for Learning and Teaching (Australian Government) through an Extension Grant 2013-2014. This work continues in 2015 and into 2016 thanks to Monash University, University of New South Wales, RMIT University and the University of Queensland.
Previously, funding was provided by the Australian Learning and Teaching Council Ltd, an initiative of the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations in the form of Professor Geoffrey Crisp's Fellowship (2009-2011). From 2012 to 2013 we continued with in-kind support from RMIT University and the University of Queensland.
The views expressed in the Fellowship, grant activities, this website and our webinar sessions do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office for Learning and Teaching or the sponsoring institutions.